Friday, May 30, 2008

Wallis Flowers Everywhere painting

Wallis Flowers Everywhere painting
Wallis Full Day Ahead painting
Wallis Girls at the Beach painting
Wallis Hair Like Copper painting
brick store by the Temperance Tavern, I backed up agin the wall to have another think. Well, just then along comes these two chaps slipping along close by me, with something under their arm, and I reckoned they'd stole it. One was a-smoking, and t'other one wanted a light; so they stopped right before me and the cigars lit up their faces and I see that the big one was the deaf and dumb Spaniard, by his white whiskers and the patch on his eye, and t'other one was a rusty, ragged-looking devil."
"Could you see the rags by the light of the cigars?"
-274-
This staggered Huck for a moment. Then he said:
"Well, I don't know -- but somehow it seems as if I did."
"Then they went on, and you -- "
"Follered 'em -- yes. That was it. I wanted to see what was up -- they sneaked along so. I dogged 'em to the widder's stile, and stood in the dark and heard the ragged one beg for the widder, and the Spaniard swear he'd spile her looks just as I told you and your two -- "

No comments: