Friday, June 20, 2008

Thomas Kinkade Stairway to Paradise painting

Thomas Kinkade Stairway to Paradise painting
Thomas Kinkade spirit of xmas painting
""Show him round here." An instant afterwards there appeared a little wizened fellow with a cringing manner and a shambling style of walking. He wore an open jacket, with a splotch of tar on the sleeve, a red-and-black check shirt, dungaree trousers, and heavy boots badly worn. His face was thin and brown and crafty, with a perpetual smile upon it, which showed an irregular line of yellow teeth, and his crinkled hands were half closed in a way that is distinctive of sailors. As he came slouching across the lawn I heard Mr. Trevor make a sort of hiccoughing noise in his throat, and, jumping out of his chair, he ran into the house. He was back in a moment, and I smelt a strong reek of brandy as he passed me.
""Well, my man," said he. `What can I do for you?"
"The sailor stood looking at him with puckered eyes, and with the same loose-lipped smile upon his face.
""You don't know me?" he asked.
" "Why, dear me, it is surely Hudson," said Mr. Trevor in a tone of surprise.
""Hudson it is, sir," said the seaman. "Why, it's thirty year and more since I saw you last. Here you are in your house, and me still picking my salt meat out of the harness cask

No comments: