Friday, July 11, 2008

Claude Monet The Road To Chailly painting

Claude Monet The Road To Chailly painting
Fabian Perez Flamenco DancerII painting
Dear Judy:I think that the sensence can be more concise, which means that we only highlightthe things that help explain the points and omit the ones that doesn‘t.
"When I was four or five years old, my mother was still a housewife, and she raised some ducks and chickens. One of the roosters was my favorite. He didn‘t have a name. I saw him as my friend. He had bright black feathers and a cockscomb. He was about two feet tall. Usually, we played hide and seek with each other in my house. When he was a juvenile, he always crowed at dawn."
Here‘s how I would rephrase the sentence:
My mom used to raise ducks and chickens when I was young. There is one roosterin particular that I liked so much I treated him like a friend of mine. The roosterwas about two feet tall and he had bright black feathers and cockscomb. He alwayscrowed near dawn everyday as if he could tell time. We used to play hide and seekin the house.
Just want to point out that "chicken soup for soul " is purely Chinese English, nobody will understand what it means outside of China or the Chinese community ^_^. Keep it for fun but don‘t use it seriously when writing to foreigners, they are not going to get it. I encourage proper English and avoid improper translations.
CKCAT ^_^

No comments: