Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Zhang Xiaogang Two Sisters painting

Zhang Xiaogang Two Sisters paintingZhang Xiaogang The Big Family No. 3 paintingZhang Xiaogang My Dream Little General painting
Greene winked above a cheekful of popcorn. "Say what you want." I was impressed again by his strange combination of attitudes:I'm okay, his wink declared -- but with as much supplication as conviction.
"Pfuion innocence," Max said.
"I couldn't agree more," Dr. Sear nodded. "I'll go even further: innocence is ignorance; ignorance is illusion; and Commencement, while it certainly is a metaphor, is no illusion. Commencement's for the disillusioned, not for the innocent."
Here Max parted philosophical company with the Doctor (who, I learned in time, had moved from the fields of radiology and general pathology into psychiatry, though like Max he was learned in a great many areas beyond his profession), for he regarded Commencement itself as an innocent illusion.
"Ignorant, I mean, not harmless," he added, much more in the vein of the Max who'd raised me than the fellow who'd met me at the fork in yesterday's road. I knew by heart his old indictments of any Answer which turned studentdom from

No comments: