Sunday, October 5, 2008

Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres Mme Moitessier painting

Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres Mme Moitessier paintingJean Auguste Dominique Ingres Bonaparte as First Consul paintingJean Auguste Dominique Ingres Angelica Nude painting
Rex has never been unkind to me intentionally,’ she said. ‘It’s just that he isn’t a real person at all; he’s just a few faculties of a man highly developed; the rest simply isn’t there. He couldn’t imagine why it hurt me to find two months after we came back to London from our honeymoon, that he was still keeping up with Brenda Champion.’ ‘I was glad when I found Celia was unfaithful,’ I said. ‘I felt it was all right for me to dislike her.’
‘Is she? Do you? I’m glad. I don’t like her either. Why did you marry her?’
‘Physical attraction. Ambition. Everyone agrees she’s the ideal wife for a painter.
Loneliness, missing Sebastian.’
‘You loved him, didn’t you?’
‘Oh yes. He was the forerunner.’
Julia understood.
The ship creaked and shuddered, rose and fell. My wife called to me from the next room: ‘Charles, are you there?’
‘Yes.’

No comments: