Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Berthe Morisot The Butterfly Chase painting

Berthe Morisot The Butterfly Chase paintingPeter Paul Rubens Cimon and Pero paintingPeter Paul Rubens The Straw Hat painting
bed during their first weeks together: the appetite of each for the other seemingly inexhaustible, they made love six or seven times a day. "You opened me up," she told him. "You with the ham in your mouth. It was exactly as if you were speaking to me, as if I could read your thoughts. Not as if," she amended. "I did read them, right?" He nodded: it was true. "I read your thoughts and the right words just came out of my mouth," she marvclled. "Just flowed out. Bingo: love. In the beginning was the word."
Her mother took a fatalistic view of this dramatic turn of events in , the return of a lover from beyond the grave. "I'll tell you what I honestly thought when you gave me the news," she said over lunchtime soup and kreplach at the Whitechapel Bloom's. "I thought, oh dear, it's grand passion;

No comments: