Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Edmund Blair Leighton God Speed

Edmund Blair Leighton God SpeedEdmund Blair Leighton The AccoladeIvan Constantinovich Aivazovsky The Ninth Wave
She moved closer to him.
"So you see," she said, "I can betray him easily. I can lead you to where he's taking my daughter's daemon, and you can destroy Asriel, and the child will walk unsuspecting into your hands."
She felt the movement of vapor about her, and her senses became confused. His next words pierced her flesh like darts of scented ice.. I lived on earth for sixty-five years, and then the Authority took me to his Kingdom."
"And you had many wives."
"I loved their flesh. And I understood it when the sons of Heaven fell in love with the daughters of earth, and I pleaded their cause with the Authority. But his heart was fixed against them, and he made me prophesy their doom.""When I was a man," he said, "I had wives in plenty, but none was as lovely as you.""When you were a man?""When I was a man, I was known as Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Kenan, the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam

No comments: