Friday, August 22, 2008

Salvador Dali The Rose painting

Salvador Dali The Rose paintingSalvador Dali The Persistence of Memory paintingSalvador Dali The Disintegration of the Persistence of Memory painting
Maybe so. But hedid need to get it out of his system, Dr. Spielman. He started in again, and Maurice laughed, and I was crying all over the ledger-sheets, and worrying because my tears were making the ink run. . . But the worst was what happened next. Maurice told Uncle Ira he certainly must love me very unselfishly to get so upset over what I'd done; it just proved what a sentimental old fool he was! Uncle Irareally went crazy then: he spanked me harder than ever, and started crying himself, and he shouted, 'I enjoy it! I enjoy it!There's my profit, right there!' Iknow he didn't mean it! But he said 'What do you think I raised her for? Ilove this!' Oh, George, you can'tbelieve how it hurt him to say that! The ruler flew out of his hand, and he tried to spank me with his bare hand and couldn't do it right; it didn't even hurt. He was completely helpless, and I turned around and hugged him and told him not to worry, it had been a terrible spanking and had taught me a lesson I'd never forget. Maurice quit his laughing then and looked at me in the strangest way: it wasn't just that he could see through what I'd said; it was as if he'd suddenly thought of something

No comments: