Thursday, August 28, 2008

Claude Monet Venice Twilight painting

Claude Monet Venice Twilight paintingAlphonse Maria Mucha The Judgement of Paris paintingPierre Auguste Renoir Two Sisters (On the Terrace) painting
was registered! Few were about; the Carnival-structures were no more. Why was it dark? I had forgot: but for a flashing ring the sun was eclipsed. A fat man in a yellow robe sat on the grass some elms along. Beyond him, benched, one old and thin, a dark-suit stranger. The rest of studentdom was in class, I did not doubt, hard at Assignments of their own. And I -- a Registered, Matriculated, Qualified by George Candidate for Graduation -- I read mine:

ASSIGNMENT
To Be Done At Once, In No Time

1)Fix the Clock
2)End the Boundary Dispute
3)Overcome Your Infirmity
4)See Through Your Ladyship
5)Re-place the Founder's Scroll
6)Pass the Finals
7)Present Your ID-card, Appropriately Signed, to the Proper Authority

Founder, Founder! Those I thought I grasped, I gasped at; most signified not a thing to me. What ID-card? Which infirmity? When had the Founder's Scroll got misplaced? And ay, and ay, so short a term! Fist to brow I told them over, faintful list, and struck at each. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven!

No comments: